Three persons in Tripura have reportedly died after consuming “intoxicating acid”.
The incident has been reported from Kanchanchara in Dhalai district of Tripura.
A total of 10 persons, on Monday, reportedly consumed the intoxicating acid, which is being used for rubber tapping.
Following this, the persons felt ill and were admitted to a nearby public health centre.
On Thursday morning, they were shifted to a hospital, where three persons were declared dead.
The deceased have been identified as: Sachindra Reang (22), Adhiram Reang (40) and Bhabiram Reang (38).