An unclaimed bag triggered a bomb scare at Shillong’s Iewduh market on Tuesday.

As per reports, panic struck the shopkeepers as they witnessed smoke emanating from the unattended bag.

After a thorough examination, it was found that it was a case of a nitrogen gas leak, EastMojo reported.

The bag consisting of nitrogen gas was actually kept at one of the shops since the person had to carry out an errand, the report said.

Earlier, Shillong witnessed one IED blast at Laitumkhrah market while a bomb was planted in front of the NPPs office at the Lachumiere locality.

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in