Haj pilgrims
Representative photo. Image credit - Kolkata24x7

The flight with Haj pilgrims from different parts of Northeast India will depart from the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International (LGBI) Airport in Guwahati on July 4, 2019.

Over 2,300 women across India including different parts of the Northeast will perform Haj this year without a male companion.

A total of 2 lakh pilgrims will attend the biggest Islamic pilgrimage this year out of which female persons constitute a sufficient number, say media reports.

Also read: Assam: Haj pilgrims to be given maximum facilities, says Govt

This was revealed by union minister for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday.

Naqvi said that over 48 per cent of the Haj pilgrims are women.

He claimed that after Independence, this is for the first time that a total of 2 lakh Muslim people of the country will travel without any subsidy in over 500 flights and from 21 embarkation points.

In order to ensure that the pilgrims get access to proper medical facilities, sixteen health centres have been established in Mecca and one in Medina.

Apart from setting up health centres, three hospitals have been established in Mecca and one in Medina.

Last year, over 1.75 lakh went for Haj pilgrimage.

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.