Properties worth more than Rs 10 lakh were reduced to ashes when a devastating fire engulfed 13 houses at Pachali in Hojai.
The incident took place at around 10:55 am on Monday. The cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit. According to the locals fire tenders reached the spot an hour after the incident.
Notably, fire brigade department is nearly 2 km from the spot but the delay has raised serious concerns among the citizens of Hojai.
However, around five fire tenders from Hojai, Sankardev Nagar and Nilbagan reached the spot and brought the fire under control. There is, no loss of human life. Further investigation is going on.