The Assam Education Department has released the evaluation formulas for class 10 and 12 students on Thursday.
FOR class 10:
- 40% marking from Class 9
- 40% marking from Class 10 (pre-tests and other tests), and
- 20% markings to be determined by respective school.
- In case of non-availability of Class 10 marks, 70% to be added from Class 9.
FOR CLASS 12:
- 50% markings from ‘best of 3’ from HSLC
- 40% from internal evaluation in non-practical subjects of Arts, Science and Commerce streams.
The exams for class 10 and 12, which were supposed to be held by the SEBA (Board of Secondary Education, Assam) and AHSEC (Assam Higher Secondary Education Council) in July-August, were cancelled earlier this month.
Following the cancellation of exams, the results of the class 10 and 12 students would be announced based on the evaluation criteria, which have been released.
The Assam Education Department had constituted two separate committees and were tasked with formulating marking criteria for the students.
In its report, the committees have suggested that students who were not be satisfied with their marks will be given a chance to appear in board exams in physical mode, once the COVID-19 situation in the State gets under control.
Assam Education Minister Ranuj Pegu had earlier announced that the results of Class 10 (HSLC) and class 12 (HS final year) would be announced by July 31.