The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday has declared a global emergency over the new coronavirus as the disease has taken a toll on a large number of human lives in China and many people had been kept in quarantine over suspected symptoms of the deadly disease.
As per reports, 213 people have died due to coronavirus in China with 10000 cases of infections.
“Our greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a briefing in Geneva on Thursday.
Also read: Bhutan on toes against coronavirus
Although WHO had initially refrained from declaring a global emergency over the new coronavirus, it had done later after some discussions.
Air India CMD Ashwani Lohani says at least 400 Indians will be evacuated on Friday from Wuhan in China.
Also read: Nagaland issues FAQs on coronavirus
“An Air India aircraft will take off at 12 noon on Friday and will return by 2 am on Saturday. Further arrangements will be done by the MEA & Health Ministry for passengers after they reach India,” he added.
The evacuated people will be kept in isolation for a period of two weeks.
Also read: Coronavirus: Symptoms and precautions
Moreover, the Cabinet Secretary had in a meeting on Friday decided to do health test for all people who had come to India from China after January 15.