More than 85% of COVID19 patients in Mizoram have recovered from the viral disease, a health department official said.
The official said a total of 1,807 COVID19 patients have recovered from the disease till Sunday, which is 85.24% of the total 2,120 COVID19 cases recorded in the state.
He said no fresh COVID19 case was reported on Monday.
According to the official, altogether 82,667 samples have been tested till Sunday evening out of which 2,120 have tested positive for COVID19, including 17 new cases reported on Sunday.
The health official said 41.09% of the infected patients are residents of the state while the rest 58.91% of the cases are non-residents of the state and came from other states.
While 71.79% of the COVID19 positive patients had travel history, the local transmission cases accounted for 28.21%.
Of the total 2,120 COVID19 patients, 39.19% are personnel from paramilitary forces and Indian Army, 8.72% are truck drivers, engaged in the transportation of commodities from other states and the remaining 52.07% are civilians.
Mizoram on Sunday reported 17 new COVID19 cases, taking the state’s tally to 2,120.
A total of 12 Border Security Force (BSF) jawans and one Indian Air Force man were among the newly-infected people, according to the health department.
Meanwhile, Mizoram health minister Dr. R. Lalthangliana has appealed to the people not to neglect their health but maintain safety protocols to prevent further spread of COVID19.
He said the rising local transmission cases in Aizawl could be somehow curtailed with proper discipline maintained by the residents during lockdown in Aizawl city area.
Lalthangliana also said a Viral Research Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL) will be soon installed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC), located at Falkawn village, about 16 km from Aizawl.
He said the laboratory is expected to be functional later this year.