He is only 17 year something but has started to take the world by surprise, at least in the cricketing world.
Yes. Assam’s Riyan Parag, who was picked up by Rajasthan Royals in the ongoing Indian Premiere League (IPL) season, has already started to make international headlines. On Monday Riyan bagged his 1st wicket in the IPL by taking none other than Shreyas Iyer, captain of Delhi Capitals.
While Iyer’s wicket made Riyan the second youngest player to take a wicket in IPL, this youngster from Assam also left only short of seven runs to hit a fifty on Saturday playing against the Mumbai Indians.
Lets check some facts about Riyan –
- Riyan is son to former Ranji player from Assam Parag Das and ace swimmer Mithoo Barooah
- Born in 2001, Riyan started playing cricket when he only 11 months old with plastic bat and ball. He went to the ground for proper practice with his father when he is just two and half years old.
- A fitness freak, Riyan got on to kito diet at the age of 15 after he put on some weight. Helped by his mother Mithoo Barooah in his diet, Riyan loves all forms of proteins.
- Riyan started playing for Assam when he was just 11 years and 9 months old
- A resident of Kharghuli area of Guwahati by the mighty Brahmaputra, Riyan has never neglected his studies and scored 8.2 CGPA in his Class 10th examp from South Point School of Guwahati
- Apart from other coaches, Riyan also gets his cricketing lessons from his father Parag Das, an ace cricketer himself
- Apart from playing cricket, Riyan is a great dancer. He becomes the point of attraction in the team when he was playing Under 19 WC.
- Riyan’s favorite pastimeis reading books
- Play station and His Speakers, he always carry these two gadgets while travelling
- Before under 19 WC, he got his left hand finger fractured and had to keep away from 2-3 matches.
- He loves adventurous sports like Tracking, Rafting and Cycling