A total of 30 people fell ill due to food poisoning in Majuli district.
The incident has taken place in Mowamari village in Upper Majuli.
As per information, all the affected people including children have been admitted to the Ratanpur Miri Mini Primary Health Centre.
Sources informed that a birthday party was organized at the residence of Prashanta Pegu at Mowamari village in Upper Majuli on Wednesday.
As part of the birthday, the guests were offered but-maah (chickpea) as prasad and the people fell ill after consuming it.
However, though all the affected people were admitted to the hospital, it has been alleged that they have not received proper treatment in the mini PHC.
It may be mentioned that though the locals have been demanding appointment of sufficient doctors in the mini PHC which covers an area inhabited by around 20,000 people, the authorities concerned have not taken proper steps in this regard to solve this problem.
It has also been alleged that many patients, who come to the mini PHC, which is the only hospital in the area, are compelled to return home without treatment, due to lack of proper treatment facilities in the hospital.