The Indian Army has rubbished the statement of ULFA-Independent claiming responsibility for a blast at Digboi in Assam’s Tinsukia district on Friday evening.
The Indian Army has refuted the claims of ULFA-I stating that “no such incident has occurred at Digboi”.
“After intensive investigation with police and other locals living in the area, no evidence of any such blast has been found. Indian Army hereby refutes this and clarifies that no such incident has occured at Digboi and this claim of ULFA(I) is false, baseless and reflects on its hollowness,” said the Army in a statement.
The Army said that the ULFA-I is trying to “derive mileage from imaginary events”.
“The said banned organisation has stooped to such levels wherein they are attempting to derive mileage from imaginary events. It appears ULFA-I is looking to sensationalize crackers and tyre bursts as successful bomb blasts by making false claims,” the Army further said.
Reiterating that the forces are ready to maintain peace and tranquillity in the region, the Army said, “The Security Forces are fully geared and prepared to thwart any attempts by this banned anti-national organization to disturb peace and tranquility in the area.”
Earlier on Saturday, the ULFA-I had claimed responsibility for a ‘blast’ at Digboi in the Tinsukia district Friday evening.
Claiming the responsibility for the ‘blast’, ULFA-I in a statement said “the incident of bomb attack took place at the camp of 3 No Garhwal Regiment of the Army” located in Digboi.
The ULFA-I in its statement in Assamese said: “At around 6.45 in the evening on 22.01.2021 last, an incident of bomb attack took place at the Army camp of 3 No Garhwal Regiment in Digboi.”
“That act was carried out by the United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent,” the outfit had said.