At least 11 shops and property amounting to crores of Rupees were turned to ashes in a fire that took place at Laharighat’s Garam Bazar in Morigaon.

The fire as per locals took place early in the morning of Friday.

A local informed that they suspected to fire to have started from a tailoring shop in the market and the main cause was a short circuit.

Also Read: Assam: One killed in motorcycle accident in Cachar

The fire spread from that shop to the other but with the locals being alert, they succeeded in somehow preventing the fire from further spreading.

Locals said that the fire could have been contained by the fire tenders had reached a spot a little earlier.

A total of four fire trucks were deployed to control the fire.

Also Read: Mizoram: Skipping of tests by symptomatic patients reason for COVID-19 rise?

However, at least 11 shops were turned to ashes resulting in an estimated loss of Rs 1-1.5 crore.

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in