In Odisha’s Deuli village under Pattamundai police station in Kendrapada district, at least 50 people fell sick after they consumed food at a community feast.
Sources said the container, from which the food was served, had a dead snake in it and this caused the sudden sickness of the guests.
The feast was organised by a women’s Self Help Group (SHG) in a temple.
Members of at least 25-30 families, most of whom were women and children, attended the ceremony.
The sick persons were shifted to the sub-divisional hospital in Pattamundai for treatment after they reported of uneasiness.
“The 50 persons are out of danger now, “latest reports stated.