The mortal remains of CRPF’s martyred sub-inspector, Mangaram Debbarma, were brought to the state on Saturday.

Tripura’s son Mangram Debbarma was martyred in Kashmir during an attack by Pakistan-backed militants.

Debbarma was a resident of Taidu in Gomati district.

He served as a sub-inspector of the 73rd Battalion of CRPF and was posted in the Jammu and Kashmir.

The braveheart died during the militant attack in the Lawaypora area on the outskirts of Srinagar city March 25 afternoon.

Also read: CRPF Sub-inspector from Tripura Mangaram Debbarma martyred in Jammu and Kashmir

During the attack, two CRPF men were killed including Mangaram Debbarma while two others were injured.

The other CRPF man, who was also martyred, was identified as constable Ashok Kumar.

According to the Inspector General of Kashmir, Vijay Kumar, Lashkar-e-Taiba was behind the attack.

The body of the martyred soldier was brought to the Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport in Agartala on Saturday.

The Tripura State Rifles troops gave guard of honour to the martyr.

Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb, Member of Parliament Pratima Bhowmik and other CRPF officials paid tributes to martyr Mangaram Debbarma.

The body was taken from the airport to the martyr’s village, Ram Babu Para under Taidu police station in Gomti district on Saturday.

As soon as the coffin reached his village, the atmosphere turned heavy with tears in the eyes of his near and dear ones.

Later his funeral was performed with state honours.

MLA Kalyani Roy, MLA Sindhu Chandra Debabarma and Satpal Rawat, IGP of CRPF Tripura Sector, were present during the funeral and paid last respects to the martyr.

The security personnel paid their last respects with a guard of honour and a gun salute.

Later, according to Christian rituals, the frozen body of the martyr was buried.

At the time of his death, Mangaram Debbarma has left behind two daughters, a son and wife.

Avatar photo


Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: