Prince Charles, who is first in line to the British throne, on Wednesday has tested positive for COVID-19.
In a statement, Clarence House said the 71-year-old Prince of Wales has been tested positive, but is in good health.
He is the first British royal to test positive for COVID-19.
His wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has also been tested for the disease, but the result came back negative.
The royal couple is now self-isolating at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, sources said.
Clarence House said it could not be ascertained from whom Prince Charles caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.
Charles is the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II, who is aged 93.
“Her Majesty the Queen remains in good health,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
According to the palace officials, the Queen last saw Prince Charles briefly on March 12 and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.
So far, there have been 8,077 recorded coronavirus cases in the United Kingdom and 422 deaths.