A minor fire which broke out at ONGC ‘s central workshop in Sivasagar district at 12.20 pm was brought under control within a short time, as per a press communiqué issued by ONGC, Assam Asset corporate communications at Nazira on Saturday.
The fire originated from the power supply unit located inside the workshop due to electrical short circuit at the control panel, the communiqué further said. .
“ONGC mobilised fire services and all resources at its command to take control over the situation and the fire was immediately controlled and extinguished within five minutes.
The smoke that came out during the fire was due to the presence of rubber materials in the unit,” the communiqué said.
Due to ONGC’s strict standard operating procedures no one sustained any injury during the fire incident. There was no loss of property also during the incident except burning of few cables.
Sivasagar SP Subodh Kumar Sonowal visited the place and congratulated Fire Services, ONGC for prompt action to control the fire.
The communiqué said that the ONGC, Fire Services had also been extending firefighting services during emergencies and saved lives and properties in the surrounding areas.