The district administration of East Khasi Hills in Meghalaya has announced night curfew from December 21 to January 1, 2021.
The night curfew will be in force in the East Khasi Hills district in Meghalaya from December 21 to January 1, 2021 between 11pm to 5am.
However, there will be no night curfews on December 24, 25 and 31.
“Night Curfew will be lifted on the nights of 24th, 25th and 31st December, 2020, in the view of the ensuing Christmas and New Year Celebrations being observed in the District,” said East Khasi Hills District Magistrate – Isawanda Laloo.
Notably, the night curfew provisions will not apply for the following services:
- Medical teams and officials on COVID-19 duty.
- Police, security and armed forces.
- Civil Defence and Home Guard volunteers.
- Wholesale and retail pharmacies.
- Fire and Emergency services.
- MeECL, NEEPCO and Power Grid.
- FCI vehicles.
- Officers and staff of Corona Care Centres.
- Press: Print and Electronic.
- Information and Public Relations Department.
- National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL).
- Shillong Municipal Board.
- Telecom Services.
Moreover, vehicles carrying essentials, security forces, medical equipment and shops for repair of trucks on highways have also been exempted from the purview of the night curfew.
On the other hand, the East Khasi Hills district administration has made provisions for obtaining curfew passes.
“Curfew passes can be obtained online @ eastkhasihills.gov.in,” said East Khasi Hills District Magistrate – Isawanda Laloo.
Meanwhile, Isawanda Laloo further informed that those services exempted from the purview of the night curfew will have to abide by COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Health Department.
“These services shall comply with all protocols and procedures including social distancing, limiting of field staff to the barest minimum and other advisories of Government in the Heath and Family Welfare Department,” the District Magistrate added.