Meghalaya chief minister, Conrad K Sangma on Tuesday expressed optimism that the Supreme Court would allow his government to suspend the ongoing rescue operations at the Ksan illegal coal mine in East Jaiñtia Hills District where miners have been trapped since December last year.
Conrad told media persons in Shillong on Tuesday that his government has filed an appeal and the matter is still pending in the apex court.
He added that the highest court will grant relief by ordering suspension of rescue operation soon.
Conrad while viewing the belief of the State Government said that there is no possibility of any survivors now and that the operation has also been a very difficult one for all the stakeholders involved in it.
At least 15 miners were trapped in an illegal coal mine at Khloo Ryngksan in East Jaiñtia Hills District since December 13, last year.
Much later two bodies have been recovered from the deep rat hole illegal coal mine.