lockdown
Representative image.

Considering the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Manipur, complete lockdown in the entire state has been extended till August 15 or until further orders, official sources said.

The state chief secretary Dr Rajesh Kumar who is the chairperson of state executive committee of the State Disaster Management Authority, issued an order in connection with the extension of complete lockdown on Thursday.

The activities which were permitted during the complete lockdown were also issued along with the order.

Also read: Manipur COVID19 update: Death toll rises to 8; positive cases stand at 3,217

The order also stated that state Cabinet in its sitting held on Thursday has considered and decided that the lockdown needs to be continued to check the spread of COVID-19 infection.

The State had been witnessing complete lockdown from 2 pm of July 23 after the report of detecting infection of COVID-19 among a few people who have no history of travel outside the State.

Meanwhile, Manipur recorded one more death due to COVID-19 disease on Thursday, taking the toll to eight, officials said.

The 15-year-old patient who has been suffering from kidney problems was from Bishnupur district and he passed away at RIMS hospital due to COIVD 19, sources added.

Now the cumulative number of death is 8(eight).

Manipur reported its first COVID-19 related death case on July 29.

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in