According to police, no one was injured in the incident.
The fire, that reduced the house to ashes, broke out at around 8 pm.
As per police the fire originated from a gas stove.
“The fire broke out after one of the occupants in the house lighted a gas stove, and due to leakage of a voltage regulator, the house caught fire immediately,” a police official said.
It has been learnt that eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
Though the fire was doused within a short time before it could engulf other nearby houses, but no belongings in the house could be saved.
It may be mentioned that on December 27, 2018, two houses were gutted in a fire which took place at Pynthorumkhrah (Block 4) in Shillong.
According to media reports, the fire broke out at around 6.45 pm after the owner of one of the houses forgot to put off the fireplace in the kitchen.
A media report quoted an eyewitness as saying that the residents were not present at the time when the fire broke out as they had gone for a Christmas feast. However, no one was injured in the fire incident.