The principal of Sainik School, Goalpara, Assam Captain Edwin Jothirajan (Indian Navy) called on the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh Brig (Dr) B D Mishra (Retd) at Raj Bhavan, Itanagar on Monday .
He has been deputed by the Sainik School Society of the Ministry of Defence to conduct the entrance examination to select the first batch of 60 students and commence the course at Pasighat on August 27.
There will be 60 vacancies for the students in the first batch.
The Governor had visited the school site on May 11.
The Governor directed the Deputy Commissioner, Pasighat to render all assistance to Captain Jorthirajan to start the school on due date, that is, August 13.
The Governor requested the Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein to enable the transfer of the 100 acres of land, the site of the school from Department of Industry to the Department of Education at the earliest.
Deputy Chief Minister will hold a meeting of all the stakeholders in the matter on June 20 in his office to get the land transfer and the mutation for the purpose done.
The Governor also discussed the matter with the State Chief Secretary Satya Gopral, IAS to pass directions to all the 22 Deputy Commissioners including Deputy Commissioner of Capital Complex to inform all school children through the Deputy Directors of School Education in the districts and headmasters of the schools to motivate maximum numbers of students fill up the form and appear for the first ever entrances examination in Arunachal Pradesh for Sainik School.
The detailed programme for the start of the school is as follows:
(1) The prospectus and admission form will be available online as also in the Centers selected and to be announced by the State Government from June 25 to July 10.
(2) The last date for receipt of application is July 13.
(3) The entrance examination with be conducted on July 22 (Sunday) at centers selected and to be announced by the State Government.
(4) Merit list for interview and medical examination will be published on July 28, 2018.
(5) Interview and medical examination will be conducted from August 1 to 4, 2018.
(6) Final merit list including waiting list will be published on August 7
(7) Issue of call letters for selected candidates will commence from August 8.
(8) Admissions will be done in the school from August 13 till August 16.
(9) The school will start from August 27.