One Sabitarani Sarkar was electrocuted to death at Kampur town in Nagaon district of Assam on Thursday.
The deceased came into contact with the snapped live wire while cleaning the courtyard of her house
After this unfortunate incident, the agitated local people of the town staged protests against the Assam Power Distribution Corporation Ltd for not heeding to their multiple complaints of repairing the snapped live wire.
In the month of September, six fishermen were electrocuted and three others injured when a live high-voltage wire touched the water of a pond in central Assam’s Nagaon district.
The incident took place around 6:00am at Uttar Khatowal village in Rupahi area under Juria police station of the district.
A similar incident of electrocution was reported from Sualkuchi on October 15.