The Kamakhya Devalaya Management Committee (KDMC) has decided to open the doors of Devalaya Complex for the devotees to perform Parikrama from Sunday.
The inner sanctum sanctorum, however, will remain closed.
This has been done as per discussion with Kamrup (Metro) district administration.
Certain guidelines have been formulated, which will have to be followed strictly by one and all.
These guidelines are-
- The Devalaya Complex gate will remain open from 8 am till sunset on normal days. However, the timing may be changed during Navaratri and Durga Puja.
- The devotees will have to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test(RAT) for COVID-19 at the medical camp organised by the health department near the entry point at Nursery(Kamakhya Foothill). Those who have tested within last 3 days need can travel after showing their reports.
- After reaching the hilltop, the devotees will have to show their reports to the security persons & proceed further.
- Then they will have to collect Entry Card from Annakshetra office situated in front of Chinnamasta/Kameswar Mandir & proceed to the Devalaya complex.
- They will have to go through the Thermal screening n sanitisation chamber at the main gate.
- The maximum time allotment for each devotee will be 15 minutes.
- No entry without a face mask.
- Everyone will have to maintain social distancing.