As per reports, the deceased, who has been identified as Saraju Choudhary Kakati, wife of Apurba Kakati, was staying in their rented house at Santipur area in Pathsala under Bajali Sub-division.
She was electrocuted while cleaning their refrigerator at around 1 pm on Wednesday, police official said.
Saraju reportedly worked as a teacher at Puthimari Jatiya Vidyalaya.
In the month of March, 2018, the victim married to Apurba Kakati, who is a businessman of Muguria area and the couple was staying in Pathsala since last Sunday.
“When the victim shouted after getting electric shock, the neighouring people of the area, immediately rushed to the spot and switched off the fridge,” police sources said.
Police sources added, “The victim’s neighbours immediately admitted her to a nearby hospital in Pathsala town. But she died before she could be admitted in the hospital.”
The body of the victim has been sent for post-mortem at Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College & Hospital at Barpeta.
Further investigation is going on, said police.