The Assam Government, on Friday, released a fresh set of SOPs for the Independence Day celebrations.
“…the State Disaster Management Authority, Assam do hereby issues the following directives which will be applicable only for celebration of the Independence Day on August 15, 2021,” read an order.
FOLLOWING ARE THE SOPs:
- At State level celebration in open space/field, the gatherings should not be more than 1500 persons.
- At District level celebration in open space/field, the gatherings should not be more than 500 persons.
- At Sub-divisional level celebration in open space/field, the gatherings should not be more than 300 persons.
- For celebration at any de-centralized locations except as mentioned above the gathering should not be more than 200 persons.
- For celebration within any closed hall, auditorium etc, the gathering should not be more than 50% of the seating capacity or 200 persons, whichever is less.
- Persons/officials involved with celebration or moving for participation in Independence Day celebration will be exempted from the purview of curfew hours and odd-even vehicular restriction.
- COVID-19 protocols including COVID appropriate behaviour like wearing of face masks, maintenance of social distancing, sanitization etc by all during the ceremony/function are to be strictly followed.