A 32-year-old man died of electrocution in Udalguri district while he was fitting an inverter battery in his residence.
The deceased has been identified as Roshan Patowary an inhabitant of Ward No. 4 of Tangla town, who was a reputed businessman of the area.
Neighbours witnessed the body on Wednesday morning and they informed the police immediately.
“We recovered the body from the verandah and it seems like he was electrocuted last night,” the police said.
The police also downplayed the possibility of any foul play and said there was a visible injury mark on his index finger.
“The deceased was the son of late Om Prakash Patowary. He as living alone at his Tangla residence. We have informed his family members in Guwahati,” police said.