In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old post graduate student of Bajali College died of snake bite at Sarupeta in Lower Assam’s Barpeta district.
Nabanita Baro, daughter of Rabendra Baro and Nageswari Baro, died after she was bitten by a poisonous snake on Wednesday. Nabanita was pursuing MA in Assamese at Bajali College in Pathsala. She was a student of third semester.
Sources said Nabanita was working at kitchen when she felt a sting on her leg. Only after seeing a poisonous snake slither away did she know that she was bitten by a reptile.
Members of Nabanita’s family immediately rushed her to Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College & Hospital at Barpeta.
When her condition deteriorated, she was shifted to Lower Assam Hospital at Bongaigaon, where the doctors declared her brought dead.
The teachers and students of Bajali College, Pathsala unit of AASU and Bajali College Students ’ Union have condoled Nabanita’s sudden and untimely death.