The bodies of the eight Indian tourists who died in Nepal after falling unconscious due to a gas leak from a heater in their room at a mountainous resort would be brought back to India on Thursday.
As per reports, the post mortem of the bodies is being conducted at Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu.
The shocking incident took place at Everest Panorama Resort in Daman of Makawanpur district in Nepal on Monday night.
A group of fifteen tourists were staying at the resort but eight among them lost their senses after the incident.
All the eight were airlifted to HAMS Hospital in Kathmandu but were pronounced dead on arrival.
The victims have been identified as Saranya Sasi, Sreebhadra Praveen, Praveen Krishnan Nair, Abhinav Saranya Nair, Aarcha Praveen, Ranjith Kumar Adatholath Punathil, Indu Lakshmi Peethambaran Ragalatha and Vyshnav Ranjith.
The manager at the resort said that the guests stayed in a room and turned on a gas heater to keep themselves warm.
Although they had booked a total of four rooms, eight of them stayed in a room and the rest were in another room, the manager said.
He added that all the windows and the door of the room were bolted from inside.
The Indian mission has assured all necessary assistance to the family members of the victims.