Coronavirus so far has claimed more than 400 human lives.
As per reports, the White House on Monday said China has finally agreed to accept the offer to have health experts from the US as part of a World Health Organization (WHO) mission to study and help combat the virus.
China on Monday accused the US of spreading fear by pulling its citizens out and severely restricting travel.
While speaking to media persons on Monday, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said, “It is precisely developed countries like the United States with strong epidemic prevention capabilities and facilities that have taken the lead in imposing excessive restrictions contrary to WHO recommendations.”
However, US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director Nancy Messonnier defended the US’ action.
“We made an aggressive decision in front of an unprecedented threat that action now had the biggest potential to slow this thing down,” Nancy Messonnier said.
It may be mentioned that a total of 425 people have died of coronavirus and more than 20,000 people were tested positive till Tuesday morning for the virus in China.
Last week, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus as a global emergency.
The virus has so far spread to 23 other countries and regions.
The first case of coronavirus outside China was reported in the Philippines.
The Indian government on Tuesday banned all India-bound airlines from boarding any passengers from China and cancelled all existing Indian visas.
The decision of the Indian government came in the wake of the rapid spread of coronavirus outbreak which originated in China’s Wuhan province.
Three people who returned to Kerala from China have been diagnosed with the coronavirus pneumonia.