The Centre has dismissed reports that a strict 46-day nationwide lockdown had been recommended from September 25 in view of a surge in Covid-19 cases in the country, terming it “fake news”.
The Press Information Bureau (PIB) issued a clarification on Monday after an order, which is widely being circulated on social media, claimed that the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) had called for another lockdown from September 25.
The PIB said that said the order in circulation was fake and NDMA has not issued any such order to re-impose lockdown.
“Claim: An order purportedly issued by National Disaster Management Authority claims that it has directed the government to re-impose a nationwide lockdown from 25th September. PIB Fact Check: This order is Fake. NDMA has not issued any such order to re-impose lockdown,” PIB Fact Check tweeted along with a screenshot supposed to be of the agency’s order.