A second-year student at a Michigan high school in the United States opened fire at his school resulting in death of three fellow students. 

At least six more people, including a teacher, sustained bullet injuries in the unprecedented Michigan school shooting incident. 

The deceased students included a 16-year-old boy, a 14-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl. 

The rampage at Oxford High School, north of Detroit in Oakland County, was the deadliest shooting on school property this year, The New York Times said. 

All the deceased were students at Oxford High School in suburban Detroit.

Also read: Many Northeast rebels staying in Bangladesh but not operating from there: BSF

Students at Oxford High School in suburban Detroit rushed for cover and barricaded classroom doors with chairs when they heard the first gunshots on Tuesday afternoon. 

Oakland County Undersheriff McCabe said the suspect, who had been in class earlier Tuesday, “gave up without any problems.” 

“Deputies confronted him, he had the weapon on him, they took him into custody,” McCabe said. 

Michigan Governor – Gretchen Whitmer, was one of several elected officials who expressed condolences to the victims. 

Also read: 187 insurgency-related incidents happened in Northeast this year: Centre

In a statement, Governor Gretchen Whitmer described gun violence as a “public health crisis,” adding: “No one should be afraid to go to school, work, a house of worship, or even their own home. This is a time for us to come together and help children feel safe at school.” 

President Biden, speaking at an event in Minnesota, said, “My heart goes out to the families enduring the unimaginable grief of losing a loved one,” adding, “That whole community has to be in a state of shock right now.”

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: nenow24x7@gmail.com