At least two people have reportedly been killed and four others have sustained injuries following a powerful bomb blast at the Ludhiana Court complex in Punjab on Thursday.
The blast took place at around 12:30pm in a bathroom of the court building’s second floor.
However, police are claiming that so far only one person, who is believed to be the suspect, has list his life in the blast.
“Identity of a possible suspect, whose body was found at the explosion site, is being ascertained. 4 persons injured are in stable condition,” Ludhiana police commissioner said.
He added that police is conducting a search at the Court complex.
“A team of NSG is also coming here,” Ludhiana CP said.
Meanwhile, Punjab chief minister Charanjit Channi condemned the blast and urged people to stay calm.
“Anybody trying to disturb peace and harmony of the state, will be taken to task,” he said.