Assam
Representational image

A 40-year-old man in a Rajasthan hospital died after his family members “unplugged” the ventilator he was on to plug in an air cooler.

The patient was suspected to be suffering from COVID-19 and was admitted to the Maharao Bhim Singh (MBS) Hospital in Kota on June 13.

However, his test reports came negative.

The incident will now be probed by a three-member committee, informed the hospital authorities.

He was, however, shifted to an isolation ward on June 15 as a safety measure after a second patient in the ICU tested positive for COVID-19.

“The isolation ward was quite hot and his family members brought an air cooler the same day,” informed the hospital authorities.

“However, on finding no socket for the cooler, they allegedly unplugged the ventilator. After around half-an-hour later the ventilator ran out of power,” authorities added.

“As the patient’s condition deteriorated, the family informed the doctors and medical staff, who administered CPR upon the patient, but he died,” authorities added.

Authorities further informed that the family members “did not seek permission” to plug in the cooler.

“Moreover, they misbehaved with the medical staff after the patient died,” authorities added.

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in