The central government has planned to sell its remaining stake in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad Airports, which have already been privatized.

This is a part of the government’s ambitious Rs 2.5 lakh crore asset monetisation plan identified to raise additional resources.

A media report quoted sources as saying that the aviation ministry will obtain requisite approvals for divestment of equity stake of Airports Authority of India (AAI) in the respective joint ventures running Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad airports.

Sources said the issue is likely to go to the Union Cabinet for approval in the next few days.

For the 13 AAI airports, which have already been identified for privatisation, the possibility of clubbing of profitable and non-profitable airports will be explored to make more attractive packages, said sources.

Last year, the Adani Group won contracts for six airports — Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangaluru, Thiruvananthapuram and Guwahati.

The AAI owns and manages over 100 airports across the country.

The report said Adani Group holds 74% stake in Mumbai Airport and the remaining 26% stake is with AAI.

The GMR Group holds 54% stake in Delhi Airport, the AAI holds remaining 26% stake and Fraport AG and Eraman Malaysia hold 10% stake each.

Andhra Pradesh government-AAI holds 26% stake in Hyderabad Airport while the AAI and Karnataka government hold similar stake in Bengaluru Airport.

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in