Fire in Kharupetia residential colony
Fire in Kharupetia residential colony.

Two staff members of the fire fighting squad of Kharupetia in Darrang district have received serious injuries while trying to bring a devastating fire at the residential colony of Kharupetia Primary Health Centre under control at around 1-30 pm on Monday.

Two staff members identified as Pramod Talukdar and Raju Boro who along with a few other staff members of the Kharupetia fire fighting force reportedly rushed to the hospital colony on receiving the news of fire.

When they were at their task of bringing the fire engulfing the official residences of hospital nursing staff members Minowara Begum and Jahanara Begum under control , LPG cylinders inside the  residences caught fire and exploded causing serious injuries to both the on-duty brave fire fighters.

The injured fire fighters were immediately rushed to the nearby hospital where they have been undergoing treatment.

Meanwhile, the fire caused massive damage to the buildings and property of the two health workers.

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.