Tripura
The victim Jhuma Dey being carried to the hospital in Belonia

A school student in Belonia in the South Tripura district on Tuesday sustained 80 per cent burn injury after her dress accidentally caught fire at the Saraswati Puja pandal in her school.

The victim, Jhuma Dey is an eleven-standard student of the Belonia Bidyapith School and resides in Bankar area of Belonia.

She is the daughter of late Shambhu Dey and Shilpi Rani Dey.

Also read: Army assists civil administration in dousing forest fire in Arunachal along India-China border

She was rushed to the Bilonia Sub-Divisional Hospital, where doctors referred her to the GBP Hospital of Agartala.

Jhuma along with her friends had gone to attend the Saraswati Puja festivities at her school.

She was reportedly distributing prasad when her sari caught fire at the puja pandal.

Doctors at the GBP Hospital said that Jhuma sustained 80 per cent burns and her condition is said to be critical.

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in