A devastating fire has occurred at Narendra Nagar in North Tripura district’s Damcherra.

Damcherra is about 170 kms from the Agartala city.

A total of four shops were reduced to ashes in the fire that occurred in the morning on Sunday.

The shops belonged to Bappa Chanda, Samiran Sinha, Bimal Sinha and Subhendu Das.

Short circuit has been suspected to be the cause of the fire.

Locals noticed the raging fire on Sunday morning and informed the firefighters.

Also read: Ship on fire: Indian Coast Guard jumps into firefighting operation

However, by the time firefighters arrived on the spot, the shops were completely razed to the ground.

The owners of the shops said that they had incurred losses to the tune of Rs 14 lakh in the fire.

The police soon arrived on the spot and conducted the preliminary investigations into the incident.

Block development officer of Damcherra, Pijush Deb rushed to the spot and inquired about the matter.

The Damcherra administration also provided some financial assistance to the affected.

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in