As many as seven Northeast entrepreneurs were honoured with National Entrepreneurship Awards on Saturday.
The awardees from the region are: Rida Gatphoh, Bandabiang Dewkhaid, Geetashori Yumnam, Thokchom Reena Luwang, Alemoon Nessa, Kashisho Chishi and Subhra Saikat Roy.
They were awarded at the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi to recognize and honour their marvellous contribution towards nation building via entrepreneurship.
The awards were conferred in the presence of Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, minister, MSDE; Dr K P Krishnan, secretary, MSDE and Jyotsna Sitling, joint secretary, MSDE.
The award consists of a cash price of Rs five lakhs, a certificate and a trophy.
The seven awardees are:
- Dakti Craft – founded by Rida Gatphoh from Upper Nongthymmai, Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Shillong Bamboo – founded by Bandabiang Dewkhaid from Mawsaitkhnam, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya.
- Green Biotech Solutions –founded by Geetashori Yumnam from Imphal West, Manipur.
- J S Enterprises – founded by Thokchom Reena Luwang from Imphal West, Manipur.
- A N Spice Industries – founded by Ms. Alemoon Nessa from Abhayapuri, Bongaigaon, Assam.
- Toka Multi Purpose Cooperative Society – founded by Kashisho Chishi from Purana Bazaar, Dimapur, Nagaland.
- ICAR scientist Dr Subhra Saikat Roy, ICAR Research Complex, Imphal West, Manipur.
For the second time, IIT Guwahati – Technology Incubation Centre (IITG-TIC) was assigned as the regional implementing partner institute; with the core IITG-TIC team consisting of Prof Konjengbam Darunkumar Singh, chairperson and, Himujjall Sarmah, regional programme coordinator.
This time, out of 12 national regions, Northeast and Sikkim states region secured the highest number of awards.