Ruling SDF vice-president B S Panth joins ranks of opposition SKM. Photo: Northeast Now.

A veteran politician, former MLA and vice-president of  the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) party, BS Panth has  joined Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM)  party at Jorethang in South Sikkim on Friday. He had resigned from the ruling SDF party on 29 October.

He was warmly welcomed by SKM president PS Golay in the party by offering khada today on the occasion of the inauguration of zonal office of South and West Districts of SKM party at Jorethang.

In his address, Panth expressed his happiness on leaving the ruling party and joining SKM party. He stated that it was impossible to meet the Chief Minister and the people from far flung places were suffering badly for it.

“SKM president has been working to unite the people of Sikkim, so I have joined SKM party to extend my full support in this mission,” he said.

He stated that it was impossible to meet the Chief Minister and the people from far flung places were suffering badly for it.

Panth stated that after contesting the election already for five times he has not joined SKM for the party ticket.

He alleged of the political murders  were being committed in the State and stated that PS Golay could get murdered but the Kranti would never be stopped.

Golay stated that only 10% of the development took place by the money from the centre and now it is the time for people of Sikkim to search the rest 90% of these money came for the development. He alleged that the CM having lots of property outside the country as well.

Golay  further said that SKM party would form boards for all communities of Sikkim and would also start teaching of Sanskrit in schools in all constituencies. He also mentioned that Limboo and Tamang would not get their seats before 2019 election as the State government had not been sincere on this issue. He also stated that SKM government will open the degree college and a hospital at Jorethang for South and West Districts.

Sagar Chhetri

Sagar Chhetri is Northeast Now Correspondent in Gangtok. He can be reached at: sagchhetri@gmail.com

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.