NGO Helping Hands has launched a sports diet scholarship program for athletes from the Northeast.
The sports diet scholarship program launched by NGO Helping Hands will ensure proper diet for young sportspersons from the Northeast.
The initiative has been taken by Helping Hands in collaboration with VR Industries (P) Ltd and 8AM companies.
“Our aim is to groom promising sportspersons from Northeast, who lack proper and balanced diet,” president of Helping Hands NGO and special commissioner of Delhi police – Robin Hibu said.
Hibu further informed that Helping Hands will reach out to the state Olympic associations in the Northeast states in a bid to identify the promising sports talents.
“We are also running campaigns in the social media about our initiative,” Robin Hibu added.
Sports persons who will win the scholarship will be felicitated in a programme where athletes from the Northeast who participated in the Tokyo Olympics would be felicitated.
Under Helping Hands Sports Diet Scholarship, the young players will be provided assistance for 4 years. The last date for applying for the scholarship is October 15, 2021.
Criteria for applying in the scheme:
- National/State level medal winners in any sports recognized by the Indian Olympic Association.
- Below 20 years of age.
- Bonafide Resident of NE states.
Documents required for applying in the scheme:
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card.
- Present address proof.
- Certificates of last three years medals and Certificates.
- Income Certificate from DC/SDO/co/BDO office.
- Contact No and Email ID.
- Latest passport size photo.
Procedure for applying in the scheme:
- Eligible applicants can apply/provide all required documents at Helping Hands Email- email@example.com or by WhatsApp -7678373839.
- The Last date for submission of applications is October 15, 2021.