Mizoram has extended “all mask campaign” a statewide campaign to resensitise people about the importance of wearing masks to combat COVID-19, till October 31, an official statement said.
Health minister Dr. R. Lalthangliana announced the extension of the campaign at a virtual meeting held with deputy commissioners, chief medical officers and public relations officers across the state on Monday, the statement said.
Thanking the officials for their hard work and relentless dedication in the prolonged fight against Covid19 in the state, the health minister encouraged them to keep up the momentum in their respective Districts.
The campaign was launched on October 11 and was initially scheduled to last for 10 days up to October 20.
It was launched on the advice of the state level expert team of COVID-19, which was formed on September 23 amid rising COVID-19 case and fatalities.
Key points to be followed by citizens during the campaign are:
- Wearing mask indoors at all times except while eating meals.
- No dining together on a table and opting for buffet meals instead.
- Wearing masks at all time in offices/working areas.
- Be more mindful in hand washing and use of sanitisers.
- Strict adherence to COVID-19 AppropriateBehaviour.
Some of the slogans for this campaign are:
- Wear a face mask so that you do not have to wear an Oxygen mask.
- Face mask protects you more than you realize.
- Wear Mask, Save Lives.