Meghalaya CM Conrad Sangma
Meghalaya CM Conrad Sangma

Representatives of the Meghalaya College Teachers’ Association (MCTA) met chief minister, Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday.

They met Conrad at his residence in Shillong and apprised him about a government notification which stated that the fifth Pay Commission is not applicable to teaching and non-teaching staff of seven adhoc colleges in the State.

During the meeting, the MCTA delegation informed the chief minister that in the past, the 127 teaching and non-teaching staff of these colleges had been extended and in 2012, the adhoc teachers pay was enhanced as per the fourth pay revision.

However, a recent notification issued by the Education Department of the State Government states that the benefits of revised pay as recommended by the fifth Meghalaya Pay Commission and implemented by the Government vide M.S.(ROP) Rules 2018 is not applicable to employees of adhoc educational institutions.

The MCTA also said that in the case of adhoc college teachers who receive a salary comprising of basic pay and dearness allowance only, the government extends its assistance by bearing 75 per cent of the salary as grant in aid, while the remaining 25 per cent is borne by the management of these colleges.

The MCTA therefore stressed on the chief minister’s commitment towards the education sector, and urged upon him to recognize the services rendered by teachers of these adhoc colleges in the State.

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.