The devastating fire incident took place at 3 pm on Sunday.
A student of the AITI informed that the fire originated from the kitchen of the hostel when a gas cylinder exploded during the time of cooking meat.
“Within a few minutes the devastating fire engulfed the other rooms of the hostel,” eyewitnesses said.
Immediately after the incident of fire, a sensation prevailed in the hostel and nearby areas.
“At the time of the fire incident, there were a total of 22 students present in their rooms,” another student of the hostel said.
As they came to know about the fire spreading towards their respective rooms, the students wasting no time ran away from their rooms.
Most of the students lost their valuable documents, books and other goods in the incident.
On being informed a team of firefighters immediately reached the spot of the incident with two fire tenders.
The firefighters were able to douse the fire after one hour of efforts.
However, no student was injured in the fire incident.