In wake of the 11-hour Northeast Bandh, which began at 5 am on Tuesday and subsequent rail blockades by picketers at some places some of the trains were cancelled/short terminated/ controlled.
The 11-hour Northeast bandh was called by North East Students’ Organisation (NESO) in protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill or (CAB), which was passed in the Lok Sabha on Monday.
In a press release issued by the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), the following trains were cancelled or rescheduled due to the 11-hour bandh.
- 75730 Silghat Town – Guwahati DEMU passenger of 10.12.19 is cancelled
- 75729 Guwahati – Silghat Town DEMU passenger of 10.12.19 is cancelled
- 55668 Bhairabi – Silchar passenger of 10.12.19 is cancelled
- 13181 Kaziranga Express is short terminated at Senchoa Jn and will remain partially cancelled between Senchoa and Silghat
- 13182 Kaziranga Express will originate from Senchoa Jn as per time table
- 15960 Kamrup Express is controlled at Guwahati from 09-40 hours
- 12505 Northeast Express is controlled at Kamakhya from 10-00 hours
- 15928 Dibrugarh – Rangiya Express is controlled at Moranhat from 07-45 hours
- 55909 Simaluguri – Dibrugarh passenger is controlled at Sibsagar town from 07-00 hours
- 15603 Ledo – Guwahati Intercity is controlled at Tinsukia from 09-30 hours
- 15909 Avadh Assam Express and 12526 Dibrugarh – Kolkata Express is controlled at Dibrugarh
- 15816 Dekargaon – Kamakhya Express is controlled at Rangiya from 09-32 hours
- 15769 Alipuduar – Lumding Intercity express is controlled at Rangiya from 09-41 hours
- 55721 Rangiya – Dekargaon passenger is controlled at Majbat from 07-49 hours
- 55862 Dekargaon – Rangiya passenger is controlled at Rangapara from 07-57 hours
- 55818 Guwahati – New Bongaigaon passenger is controlled at Kendukona from 9-27 hours
- 55895 Rangiya – Murkongselek passenger is controlled at Rowta Bagan from 10-03 hours
- 12087 Naharlagun – Guwahati express is controlled at Dhekiajuli from 08-08 hours