Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has said that there are no cases of novel Coronavirus infection in Assam.
The heath minister revealed this in a written reply to a question in the Assam assembly.
Minister Sarma said a total of 55 suspected persons who came from China were observed from January 15.
“Out of 55 persons, 46 have completed the observation period. The remaining are under observation in home quarantined for the incubation period,” ET quoted Sarma as saying.
He further said till so far two persons have been admitted at the isolation ward of Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMVH) with mild symptoms.
The samples have been collected and tested and the result was found to be negative, minister Sarma said.
The minister said Assam government is undertaking all necessary precautions and preparations to prevent the outbreak of COVID-19 in Assam.
He added that the deputy commissioners of all the districts, principals of government medical colleges and joint director of health services of all the districts are being sensitised on the action that has to be taken and also spread awareness among people.