In a food poisoning incident in Udalguri district, 16 villagers including women and children were taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom.

The incident took place in Bamunjuli Tea Estate on Sunday.

Sources informed that the people consumed mushroom on Sunday morning and later they complained of nausea, vomiting and severe abdominal cramp.

The victims were admitted to the Tangla CHC Hospital.

The victims have been identified as Anu Gour, Lalita Kumari, Lunin Tirki, Kamla Das, Mahima Tanti, Turku Gour, Bali Tanti, Gangu Munda, Jakub Tanti, Dulari Munda, Jesmina Munda, and Sonia Munda.

Three others- Sumari Tikki, Laku Kumar, and Tufan Kumar, were rushed to Udalguri Civil Hospital for better treatment.

Shajid Khan

Shajid Khan is Northeast Now Correspondent in Udalguri. He can be reached at: itsshajidkhan@gmail.com