In a tragic incident, at least three boys aged between 5-6 years were charred to death in Assam’s Charaideo district.
The three boys reportedly were inside a thatched shed, when it caught fire leading to their deaths.
Police have informed that the shed caught fire accidently when the boys were lighting cigarettes.
While, three boys burned to death, one boy managed to escape the shed and was saved.
The incident took place on Friday morning at Baruahola village under Sepon police station in Charaideo district of Assam.
Among the three deceased minors, two have been identified as Bivan Munda and Anud Munda of Baruahola village of Charaideo district.
One deceased minor yet to be identified, said police source.
Speaking to Northeast Now, Charaideo SP Sudhakar Singh said, “The incident was reported around 10:30 am on Friday. Four minors were playing at the thatched shed. They were lighting cigarettes inside the shed when it caught fire. One managed to escape, the other three were burned to death.”
He added, “The police team from Sepon police station have reached the spot and started investigation. Right now, we cannot say much about the case but preliminary investigation suggests that three of them died due to burn injuries.”
(This is a breaking story)