On the day when Assam’s COVID19 tally stands at 42,904, a total of 942 patients, who were earlier infected by the virus, have been discharged from various hospitals across the state on Sunday.
Sharing the news, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in a tweet on Sunday night said: “Discharge Alert. 942 more patients have recovered & returned to their families today. Many of them would be with their sisters & brothers to celebrate #RakshaBandhan on Monday.”
With the release of 942 patients, the total number of discharged patients in Assam has increased to 32,384, the health minister informed.
Assam currently has 10,412 active COVID19 patients.
? Discharge Alert
9?4?2? more patients have recovered & returned to their families today. Many of them would be with their sisters & brothers to celebrate #RakshaBandhan on Monday.
?Total Discharged Patients: 32384
?Active Patients: 10412
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) August 2, 2020
On Sunday, Assam registered 1,178 new COVID19 positive cases, taking the state’s total to 42,904.
Confirming the news, health minister Sarma in an earlier tweet on Sunday night said the new 1,178 positive cases have been detected out of 19,943 tests conducted in the last 24 hours.
“We have been able to maintain a low positivity rate consistently (today- 5.91%),” health minister Sarma tweeted.
The health minister informed that of the total positive cases detected on Sunday, Kamrup Metro district has reported 268 cases.
The deadly disease has so far claimed the lives of 105 positive patients.
On Sunday, four more positive patients succumbed to COVID19 infections in Assam.
Sharing the news, health minister Sarma in an earlier tweet on the day said the COVID19 victims are from Karimganj, Kamrup Metro, Tinsukia, and Jorhat districts.
Health minister Sarma informed that the victims have been identified as 54-year-old Mridula Ghosh from Karimganj district, 50-year-old Tilak Chandra Das from Kamrup Metro, 62-year-old Santa Sarkar from Tinsukia and 52-year-old Samir Phukan from Jorhat district.
The health minister has expressed his condolences to the families of the COVID19 victims.