In a crackdown against narcotics and psychotropic substances a special investigation team of Hojai Police seized huge quantities of illegal tables and syrup from a residence in the central Assam district.
The seizure was made in the house of one Nooru Nessa, wife of late Abdul Subbur, Dakhin Dimrupar under Murajhar police station on Saturday evening.
As per police sources, Nooru Nessa was not present in the house at the time of raid.
One other lady named Malika Begum was found in the house and has been apprehended.
The contraband items that been seized are –
1) Nitravet-10 tablet – 21,600 nos
2) Sampex+ tablet – 1,75,680 nos
3) Qrex syrup ( 100ml) bottle- 797 nos
4) AFDcough syrup ( 100ml) bottle – 99 nos
5) Recof syrup (100ml) bottle – 475 nos.
The total value of the seized contraband items is estimated to be approximately Rs 5.40 lakhs.