food poisioning
Representative image. Courtesy: The New York Times

In an unfortunate incident of food poisoning in Nagaon district of Assam, over 16 people including women and children were admitted to a hospital on Tuesday.

As per reports, the people fell ill after consuming food at a community feast in Athgaon Chapori area located in Dhing town of Nagaon district.

The people consumed imported fish and paneer in the community feast after which they felt dizzy and started vomiting.

The community feast was holding a ‘Husori Bhuj’ as a part of the Bihu festivities in the State.

The sick people had been rushed to a health centre nearby where they had been undergoing treatment.

The conditions of the patients at the health centre had been declared to be stable by the doctors.

In February , more than one hundred students of Agia College in Assam’s Goalpara district have fallen ill after two days of consuming grams which were offered them as ‘prasad’ after a cultural rally.

The rally was arranged as part of the college week and prasad was distributed to the students by the student union body.

Ranjushri Nath, general secretary of the student union body fell ill as the first victim after consuming ‘prasad’.

Last year, one eight-year-old girl died after consuming peachicks and laddus in a naam prasanga’ ceremony organized at the Pub-Paneri Bishnu Mandir in Assam.

Over 50 people including women and children also had to be rushed to various hospitals after they had consumed the same food at the ceremony

Avatar photo

NE NOW NEWS

Northeast Now is a multi-app based hyper-regional bilingual news portal. Mail us at: contact@nenow.in

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.