Union Minister Kiren Rijiju on Friday said China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) would hand over the five missing Arunachalee youths to the Indian Army on Saturday.
The union sports minister represents the Arunachal West seat in the Lok Sabha and he tweeted about the development.
“The Chinese PLA has confirmed to Indian Army to hand over the youths from Arunachal Pradesh to our side. The handing over is likely to take place anytime tomorrow i.e. 12th September 2020 at a designated location,” Rijiju said.
The Chinese PLA has confirmed to Indian Army to hand over the youths from Arunachal Pradesh to our side. The handing over is likely to take place anytime tomorrow i.e. 12th September 2020 at a designated location. https://t.co/UaM9IIZl56
— Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) September 11, 2020
The five youths had gone missing from the Indo-Sino border in the Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh on September 2.
They have been identified as Toch Singkam, Dongtu Ebiya, Ngaru Diri, Prasat Ringling and Tanu Baker.
The youths had reportedly gone for hunting in the Sera-7 area of Nacho, the last administrative circle along the McMahon Line from where they were allegedly abducted by the Chinese army.
A hotline message was accordingly sent by the Indian Army to its Chinese counterpart following the incident, to which the latter had on September 8, responded and confirmed that the missing youths had been found on their side.
This is the second incident of the PLA releasing Indians who have inadvertently crossed over to the other side of the border this year.
One Togley Sinkam, a 21-year old was also allegedly abducted by the PLA from the Asapila sector of Upper Subansiri district in March this year.
He was released after 19 days.